Over 18s Band Competition Entry Form
- To enter the band competion, please complete this form and submit working on-line links to two tracks. These will be used by the selection panel to determine whether your act will get through to the heats.
- All material must be original - covers are not allowed.
- Please also include a current photo of your act with your application form.
- Entries OPEN at 9am on 1st November. All entries must reach us by 5.30pm 7th January 2020. We will contact those acts selected for the heats by February 10th.
- Your Act must be based within 30 miles of Cambridge or within the county of Cambridgeshire.
- This is the Over 18’s Competition – The majority of band members must be over 18.
The heats will be held on the following Saturdays:
All heats will be held The Portland Arms, from 7pm – 11pm. Please ensure you are available.
The final is on Friday 24th April at The Junction.
The Band Competition is a fundraising event for Strawberry Fair. Any guest list will be limited to music industry professionals selected by Strawberry Fair.
A place in the final will be given to the band with the loudest cheer overall in the heats, so bands are encouraged to sell tickets to their heat so that your cheer is huge! There is a prize for the band with the most audience votes in the final so, if you get through, it is in your interest to encourage your fans to come along to the final!
During the heats you will be judged by people with significant experience of the music industry drawn from the local and national scene. Points are scored on Technical Ability, Innovation and Originality, Stage Presence, and the ‘Strawberry’ Factor.
All decisions taken by the promoters (Strawberry Fair) are final.
-- The Strawberry Fair Programming Team