Under 18s Band Competition Entry Form
- To enter the band competion, please complete this form and submit working on-line links to two tracks. These will be used by the selection panel to determine whether your act will get through to the heats.
- All material must be original - covers are not allowed.
- Please include a current photo of your act with your application form.
- Entries OPEN at 9am on Friday 1st November. All entries must reach us by 5.30pm 7th January 2020. We will contact those acts selected for the heats by January 15th.
- The band must be based within 30 miles of Cambridge or within the county of Cambridgeshire.
- This is the Under 18’s Band Competition – the majority of band members should be under 18. If you are selected, parental consent will be required to perform at the heats and final.
The heats will be held on the following Saturdays:
The final will be on Saturday 28th March. All heats and final are at The Portland Arms, from 1pm – 4pm. Please make sure you are available.
The winner of the Under 18s Band Competition will also play at the Over 18's Band Competition final at the Junction on Friday 24th April.
The Band Competition is a fundraising event for Strawberry Fair. Any guest list will be limited to music industry professionals selected by Strawberry Fair.
A place in the final will be given to the act with the loudest cheer overall in the heats, so acts and their supporters are encouraged to sell tickets to their heat so that their cheer is huge!
During the heats you will be judged by people with significant experience of the music industry drawn from the local and national scene. Points are scored on Technical Ability, Innovation and Originality, Stage Presence, and the ‘Strawberry’ Factor.
All decisions taken by the promoters (Strawberry Fair) are final.
-- The Strawberry Fair Programming Team