Under 18s Band Competition Entry Form
- To enter the band competion, please complete this form and submit two tracks as MP3 files.
- All material must be original - covers are not allowed.
- Please include a current photo of the band with your application form.
- Entries OPEN at 9am on Friday 1st December. All entries must reach us by 5.30pm 31st January 2019. We will contact those acts selected for the heats by February 10th.
- The band must be based within 30 miles of Cambridge or within the county of Cambridgeshire.
- This is the Under 18’s Band Competition – the majority of band members should be under 18. If you are selected, parental consent will be required to perform at the heats and final.
The heats will be held on Saturday afternoons in March:
The final will be on Saturday 23rd March. All heats and final are at The Portland Arms, from 1pm – 4pm. Please make sure you are available.
The winner of the Under 18s Band Competition will also play at the Over 18's Band Competition final at the Junction on Friday 26th April.
The Band Competition is a fundraising event for Strawberry Fair. Any guest list will be limited to music industry professionals selected by Strawberry Fair.
A place in the final will be given to the band with the loudest cheer overall in the heats, so bands are encouraged to sell tickets to their heat so that your cheer is huge! There is a prize for the band with the most audience votes in the final so, if you get through, it is in your interest to encourage your fans to come along to the final!
During the heats you will be judged by people with significant experience of the music industry drawn from the local and national scene. Points are scored on Technical Ability, Innovation and Originality, Stage Presence, and the ‘Strawberry’ Factor.
All decisions taken by the promoters (Strawberry Fair) are final.
-- The Strawberry Fair Programming Team