ARE YOU A BUDDING DJ?
EVER WANTED TO PLAY A SET AT STRAWBERRY FAIR?
Well, now’s your chance to make that a reality!
The Kings Head stage at Strawberry Fair are running a DJ competition with the prize being a one hour set on the Kings Head at Strawberry Fair itself on Saturday 3rd June 2017.
From humble beginnings, Strawberry Fair has grown to be the most popular free, entirely volunteer run, one day music & arts event in Cambridge (and probably across Europe!), attracting over 30,000 visitors throughout the day. On the first Saturday of June and now past our 40th year, residents and visitors have gathered together on Midsummer Common to celebrate their vibrant and creative city. The Fair is run entirely by volunteers (affectionately known as Strawberry Fairies) who give their energy, imagination and vision to present to their friends and neighbours in Cambridge a great free day out.
IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT THE COMPETITION
This competition is to make way for new/unknown artists, so please only enter if you haven’t played at the fair before.
- You must be over 18 to enter.
- You must be from or living in Cambridge or the surrounding area.
- The winner will be required to join the Strawberry Fair family and help out on the day as a steward for two hours. We encourage the winner to bring some friends to help as well! (Please don't enter if cannot help out on the day)
- You cannot enter more than one mix.
- Your mix must represent what you intend to mix live on the day, should you win.
- You must be available on Saturday 3rd June 2017 between midday and 4pm.
HOW TO ENTER
Please follow these instructions carefully to make sure you are entered correctly.
- Upload a mix of 30 minutes to Mixcloud that would be suitable as a family-friendly daytime set.
- Name the mix “Strawberry Fair 2017 DJ Competition – Your DJ Name”
- Tag the mix “Strawberry Fair 2017 DJ Competition“. If you fail to tag the mix correctly your entry may be missed.
- Email email@example.com to let us know you’ve entered, along with a link to your mix on Mixcloud. Also, include your name, address, telephone number and date of birth. We will acknowledge your email in due course, so please be patient. We are all volunteers. Please don't send messages to any other Strawberry Fair email addresses or facebook pages. It's extremely likely that you will not get a response.
- Click “Going” on the Strawberry Fair facebook event page and "share" the event publicly.
5pm Friday 26th May 2017
This competition will be judged by the organisers of the Kings Head stage.
Think about the suitability of the genre, your technique, how engaging your mix is and who you will be playing to.
The winner will be chosen and notified on Saturday 27th May.
(Thanks Sarah for the artwork! x)