The Portland Ballroom is the largest indoor area onsite at Strawberry Fair, where you can not only listen to great music, but also enjoy fine drinks from the excellent bar.
‘Once upon a time in Cambridgeshire, the citizens of the Portland Ballroom were to be enchanted with ten hours of magical entertainment by fifty-eight of the finest minstrels in the Kingdom, whilst partaking of refreshing beverages served by ye olde Portland Arms.’
This is the year of Fairy Tales and the Portland Ballroom Fairies will be decorating the marquee in line with the Fair's overall theme 'Fairy Tales’. All our guests, crew and performers are encouraged to come along dressed up, chill out and experience the captivating atmosphere of 'Once Upon a Time in THE PORTLAND BALLROOM’- a magical fairy tale stage and ballroom for everyone to relax in.
This year’s line-up will as always feature an eclectic line-up of up and coming artists, the cream of local artists (including Cambridge Band Competition Finalists) and a few specially invited guests from further afield. The Day will feature over ten hours of quality performances from singer/songwriters, duos and bands (some stripped down and some fully clothed!) in the largest indoor marquee at Strawberry Fair
This is the Fourth year the Marquee has been called the Portland Ballroom, due to the great community support provided by the Portland Arms who will again provide the fantastic real ale bar in the marquee.
The Portland Ballroom stage will again be presented by GIGS OUT who have been presenting, promoting and publicising great Events in East Anglia for ten years now.
Big thanks again this year to Blueshed Studios who will be providing superb Sound and Lighting management for the stage and to Barton Studios for again supplying the drum kit.
All the acts are listed here in alphabetical order:
Timings (between Midday and 10.30pm) are on our Event poster and will be published in the Fair Programme, Stage Posters and on the Stage Boards on Fair day:
The 16 Acts (58 Performers) will be on stage between Midday and 10.30pm on Sat 3 June 2017 - specific times are on our event poster and will appear in the Fair's programme and on the Stage boards on the day:
- Cavetown - Young Cambridge Singer Songwriter who won best acoustic act and best song at the 2017 Cambridge Band Competition. Check out their twitter and youtube video.
- Christian Smith and the Whistlers - Country Rock Band
- Claudia Kate - Young Singer Songwriter
- Dark Horse - Rock and Swing Band
- Jason and the Skagonauts - Ska Band – 2017 Cambridge Band Competition Finalists. CHeck them out on Youtube.
- Medicine Hat - Southern Rock 5 Piece Band from Cambridge celebrating their 25th Year. Check them out on Facebook and on reverbnation.
- Staycations! - Indie Rock Band
- Tony Brook - Country and Blues Singer Songsmith over from Alabama USA guesting with Morganway. Check them out on Facebook and Youtube.